Are you looking for ways to improve the comfort and energy efficiency of your Jourdanton home? We recommend targeting the most notorious area for energy loss: the attic. Installed Building Products San Antonio works with homeowners, contractors and builders to improve attic insulation in residential retrofits and new construction projects.
Contact us today at 210-201-1366 to request a free estimate for attic insulation services in Jourdanton.
Types of Insulation for Attics
Numerous insulation options are available. The type you choose to install in your attic depends on your goals and budget and whether you already have some existing insulation. If air ducts run through the space, be sure to seal and insulate them as well before adding insulation to the attic floor. Here are the insulation styles and materials we offer to our clients in Jourdanton:
- Fiberglass batt insulation: Fiberglass is a popular insulation material because it’s lightweight and easy to handle. Batts come in standard sizes to fit snugly between joists, beams and rafters that are built to code, making them ideal for new construction projects with no preexisting insulation.
- Fiberglass blown-in insulation: Fiberglass also comes in a loose form that is blown into place using special equipment. This makes it effective for filling irregularly shaped spaces. Blown-in insulation can be installed in new construction projects or on top of existing fiberglass batts for added R-value.
- Cellulose loose-fill insulation: Made of recycled newsprint and other paper products, cellulose insulation is among the most eco-friendly options for insulating your attic. Rest assured that this material is treated with a fire retardant to keep your home safe. Cellulose is only available in loose-fill form, which is blown into place using special equipment in new construction or retrofit applications.
- Spray foam insulation: Polyurethane expanding spray foam provides superior coverage and a tight seal. It’s the most effective air and moisture barrier you can install in your attic. Spray foam is applied wet and quickly expands many times its original size to fill all nooks and crannies. It is most suitable for new construction projects since it can’t be installed over existing insulation.
- Radiant barrier: This unique type of insulation is ideal for homes in our southern climate, because it aims to improve air conditioning efficiency. Rather than being installed on the attic floor, it goes directly under the roof, where it reflects sunlight to help keep the attic cooler. This could be ideal for your home if you have ductwork running through the attic and the roof receives little shade throughout the day.
Benefits of Insulating Your Attic in Jourdanton
The attic is one of the most significant sources of home energy loss. In most cases, it’s also unfinished and easily accessible, making it a prime location to boost insulation levels. Here’s how you’ll benefit if you choose IBP San Antonio to insulate your attic:
- Maximize the energy efficiency of your air conditioner and furnace
- Reduce your utility bills all year round
- Promote more even temperatures throughout the house
- Contribute to a healthier indoor environment
- Reduce noise transfer (especially helpful if you use the attic as a living space)
Schedule Attic Insulation Services in Jourdanton
At IBP San Antonio, we’ll help you determine the best attic insulation to install for maximum performance and benefits. We gladly undertake retrofits and new construction projects to meet your needs. We can even remove any old or damaged insulation, if needed, to make way for a new, more effective product.
Contact IBP San Antonio online or call us at 210-201-1366 today to learn more about our attic insulation services in Jourdanton or to schedule a free installation estimate in your home.